Louder Than Digital, LLC’s Privacy Statement
We at Louder Than Digital, LLC are committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Louder Than Digital, LLC. (“Louder Than Digital”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with http://www.LouderThanDigital.com (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Louder Than Digital practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning Louder Than Digital’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to hola (at) LouderThanDigital.com. You can also contact Louder Than Digital via postal mail at: PO Box 9130 Asheville, NC 28815.
Our Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- Personal Information Louder Than Digital gathers
- How Louder Than Digital Collects Personal Information
- How Louder Than Digital Uses Personal Information
- When and Why Louder Than Digital Discloses Personal Information
- Personal Information Retention
- Tracking Technologies
- Choice and Control
- Security of Personal Information
- Withdrawing Consent
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Louder Than Digital Blog
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
1) Personal Information Louder Than Digital gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. Louder Than Digital collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows Louder Than Digital to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Louder Than Digital. Louder Than Digital may also request demographic contact information including, but not limited to, your job title, job function, and corporate title.
Transaction Information. Louder Than Digital automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps Louder Than Digital analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with Louder Than Digital, information about how you use Louder Than Digital’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and Louder Than Digital business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, Louder Than Digital collects Mobile Location.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on Louder Than Digital’s blog, Louder Than Digital may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
2) How Louder Than Digital Collects Personal Information
Louder Than Digital gathers Personal Information in the following ways:
If and when you are prompted and to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use Louder Than Digital or otherwise interact with the Site or contact Louder Than Digital.
If and when you contact Louder Than Digital via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
Lawful basis for Louder Than Digital’s processing of your Personal Information:
As applicable, the following is the lawful basis Louder Than Digital relies on to process your Personal Information:
Legitimate Interest means the interest of Louder Than Digital in conducting and managing its business to enable it to give you best service/product and the most optimized and secure interaction. Louder Than Digital makes sure to weigh any potential Louder Than Digital on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before Louder Than Digital processes your Personal Information for its legitimate interest. Unless Louder Than Digital has your consent or is otherwise required or permitted to by law, it will not use your Personal Information for activities where the Louder Than Digital on your overrides Louder Than Digital’s interests.
3) How Louder Than Digital Uses Personal Information
Louder Than Digital may use Personal Information to enhance your user experience, to help Louder Than Digital better understand you, to help Louder Than Digital customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help Louder Than Digital otherwise enhance the Site.
Louder Than Digital uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ Louder Than Digital experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Louder Than Digital partners or third parties; and
4) When and Why Louder Than Digital Discloses Personal Information
Louder Than Digital will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. Louder Than Digital will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. Shopify.com, WooCommerce.com, Salesforce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How Louder Than Digital Uses Personal Information”) above.
- Louder Than Digital employs other companies to perform tasks on Louder Than Digital’s behalf and therefore Louder Than Digital must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Louder Than Digital may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing Louder Than Digital’s rights or protect Louder Than Digital property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigating fraud, and responding to a government request.
- Louder Than Digital believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- Louder Than Digital believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Louder Than Digital believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Louder Than Digital believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend Louder Than Digital in litigation or a regulatory action.
- Louder Than Digital believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Louder Than Digital will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless Louder Than Digital is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of Louder Than Digital’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
This Privacy Statement only governs when and why Louder Than Digital discloses Personal Information. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Louder Than Digital does not own or control, or individuals that Louder Than Digital does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to Louder Than Digital’s control. Louder Than Digital is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Louder Than Digital Site. Louder Than Digital encourages you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Louder Than Digital may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, Louder Than Digital may provide our partners or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about Louder Than Digital users.
5) Personal Information Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period, Louder Than Digital considers the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why Louder Than Digital gathers such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
6) Tracking Technologies – Indirect Data Collection
7) Choice and Control
While Louder Than Digital does need to gather certain information to make your Louder Than Digital experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, Louder Than Digital wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
Email Preferences. For various reasons, Louder Than Digital may contact you about our services or your activity.
If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing Louder Than Digital by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
8) Security of Personal Information
Louder Than Digital strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore Louder Than Digital cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. Louder Than Digital strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and has put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
9) Withdrawing Consent
If Louder Than Digital is relying on your consent for certain activities, you have the right to withdraw you sent at any time by contacting Louder Than Digital at hola (at) LouderThanDigital.com
10) Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by Louder Than Digital through the Site. Louder Than Digital utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than Louder Than Digital. Louder Than Digital encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
11) Louder Than Digital Blog
12) Changes to this Privacy Statement
Louder Than Digital may, from time to time, in Louder Than Digital’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify its practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. Louder Than Digital encourages all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement. You are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when you use the Site after such changes have been first posted.